Your opinions on this?

kerryjordan

Becks are lovely but not immune - they still get bolloxed by sewage etc. Costa Beck, Oxfold Beck and so on.

Mr Notherone

I think you're being a bit unkind to Mr Buckley. He's a young bloke who has a successful guiding business and has built a large following. He's probably attracted more of the next generation into fly fishing than all of us put together.

May not be to everyones liking but I like his passion and enthusiasm, even if I wish he'd pause for breath occasionally...

Mrtrout

Here’s another.
C839307B-A2B5-4740-B600-BA8EBCBCF0B7.jpeg

kerryjordan

I’ve had guided days with Andy Buckley; enthusiastic, competent and knowledgeable. Please give the guy a break setting up his business.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
I think you're being a bit unkind to Mr Buckley. He's a young bloke who has a successful guiding business and has built a large following. He's probably attracted more of the next generation into fly fishing than all of us put together.

May not be to everyones liking but I like his passion and enthusiasm, even if I wish he'd pause for breath occasionally...
Yeah, ok, but the title, and most of the commentary is just pure marketing blurb.
You know, best rod ever, best line ever, that sort of shitz!
Good luck to him and his business, but best, sorry "finest" trout stream in England?
Hmmm.

ohanzee

What’s a bandy? Do you mean tiny fish, you couldn’t be more wrong Alan, fish up to 5lbs in that Beck/ small river.
S.

Small trout with parr bands still on, 5lb in that wee burn! I need to revise my whole thing here!

sean freeman

A fish coming up to spawn? that river surely doesn't support those all year round?
If it’s the stream I think it is then it definitely has a head of very good brownies year round. It’s a fishing paradise where Steven is and it doesn’t cost the Earth like it does down here. You also have the Clyde and Annan not much more than an hour away.

ohanzee

If it’s the stream I think it is then it definitely has a head of very good brownies year round. It’s a fishing paradise where Steven is and it doesn’t cost the Earth like it does down here. You also have the Clyde and Annan not much more than an hour away.

I fish the Clyde on occasion but I'm not a river fisher by nature, I'd give that beck a go though, a fish that size out of a water that sparse is just special.
I fished burn in the highlands once waiting for the evening rise to start on a loch nearby, that is stuck in my memory, it would be 8' wide in places, caught a few small fish and...one of a pound that took off up the burn! that fish was huge for it's environment, just unexpected in a river that no one would ever fish, there is something magical about that.

running bear

I have to say I enjoy Andy's vids. Many are euronymph centric, not a method I use much, but he gets onto dries and even streamers when it's the best method.

He does push tackle a bit more than when with Scierra, but to be fair he really does put a rod through a decent testing period before goving a dedicated review, he had multiple outings with the Drift before reviewing it.

Nor does he push really high end tackle, frequently mentioning a rod of 300 quid is an expensive investment, some online folk suggest everyone should have four high end hardys for every wind direction (if you do an alphabetical search, that offender is top of the list!)

I like seeing his chalkstream vids too, something I'd like to try at least once not having them in Ireland. Manicured banks etc probably not for me long term, i find fences, hedges, zero directions/road signs and farm animals keep much of our wild fishing wild.

Fish handling is good, beter than many. One of my favourite Irish youtubers has great fishing vids (despite insisting in multiple false casts woth a #3 when conditions suggest a #4 might be better) but he treats fish appallingly, throwing them back with dry hands from high banks.

What i can't get over with Andy is his backing on his euronymph reel, it's a mess! Thats the best advert for the back of a WF2 i've seen.

If he can make a living, good on him.

Latest posts