Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Newbridge, Wolverhampton
    Posts
    115

    Default River Severn Thread

    Seems as thou there is a missing river update on the forum .. The River Severn(upper) , so tonight I thought I'll start one as I fish the upper Severn an its system have done for many years.
    I look forward to your input , I hope I don't bore you with mine.
    Have a great season
    Last edited by js fly; 07-03-2016 at 08:20 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mid Wales
    Posts
    8,825

    Default Re: River Severn Thread

    Is that the New Bridge over the Smestow Brook or the pub?
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Newbridge, Wolverhampton
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: River Severn Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by stealth_fox View Post
    Is that the New Bridge over the Smestow Brook or the pub?
    New bridge ,

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Newbridge, Wolverhampton
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: River Severn Thread

    This thread will cover the complete Severn system from the wharf near Bridgnorth to the Teme and her tribs!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shropshire & Mid Wales
    Posts
    7,492

    Default Re: River Severn Thread

    The Worfe you mean?
    Here's a few photos of this season on upper Severn and Vyrnwy(trib)
    Haven't got many though....










  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Newbridge, Wolverhampton
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: River Severn Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by richfish1 View Post
    The Worfe you mean?
    Here's a few photos of this season on upper Severn and Vyrnwy(trib)
    Haven't got many though....









    Good stuff Rich, yes worfe , stupid me...

  7. #7

    Default Re: River Severn Thread

    I was looking down on the the Severn estuary today from Cefn Eglwysilan a high point of the Mynydd Eglwysilan near Ponty and very bracing it was too, zero degrees and stinging showers of graupel. The estuary, fairly arbitrarily, becomes the Bristol Channel at the line drawn between Lavernock Point to the south of Cardiff and Sand Point which is to the north of Weston-super-Mare.

    I fished it near Caersws very briefly this summer - I blanked - it was strange to think that the river which you could spit across at that point eventually becomes so wide at my destination, Cardiff. The islands, Flat Holm and Steep Holm are just outside the estuary.

    Musha rig um du rum da

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Newbridge, Wolverhampton
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: River Severn Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by diawl bach View Post
    I was looking down on the the Severn estuary today from Cefn Eglwysilan a high point of the Mynydd Eglwysilan near Ponty and very bracing it was too, zero degrees and stinging showers of graupel. The estuary, fairly arbitrarily, becomes the Bristol Channel at the line drawn between Lavernock Point to the south of Cardiff and Sand Point which is to the north of Weston-super-Mare.

    I fished it near Caersws very briefly this summer - I blanked - it was strange to think that the river which you could spit across at that point eventually becomes so wide at my destination, Cardiff. The islands, Flat Holm and Steep Holm are just outside the estuary.

    Great view, thanks for sharing DB

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Newport, Shrops
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: River Severn Thread

    This thread is relevant to my interests.


    However the bits of the Severn near me at Ironbridge and Shrewsbury have 'Widow Maker' written all-over them. Deep waters and steep banks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    9,674

    Default Re: River Severn Thread

    It won't be of much interest to fly anglers but I'm hearing fantastic catch reports from recent river matches through Shrewsbury town centre, dace and roach mainly, but a great return to form by all accounts, some proper old school river match fishing (well not really as Bolo seems to be the method, but you now what I mean!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. river Severn
    By paj49 in forum General Fly Fishing Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 09:51 PM
  2. River Severn fishing
    By jamescouper in forum Salmon Fishing
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 24-09-2012, 05:51 PM
  3. Upper River Severn and Wye
    By ddave07 in forum General Fly Fishing Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-06-2009, 07:00 AM
  4. River Severn
    By tisque in forum UK River Updates
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 30-06-2008, 05:22 PM
  5. Fly fishing on the river severn ....
    By mattp_76 in forum General Fly Fishing Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 09:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •